It’s the season of love, and whether you’re single or taken this Valentine’s Day, you can show your teeth a little extra love with these 6 tips.
- Brush twice a day, for two minutes each. Your mouth’s love language is quality time. It needs two minutes twice a day of your undivided attention in exchange for a healthy, kissable smile.
- Don’t forget to floss. It’s the little things that count—like removing plague and food from between your teeth to prevent cavities and gum disease.
- Sip acidic drinks through a straw. Orange juice, coffee, and soda might be your go-to drinks, but your enamel would appreciate if you’d politely drink through a straw to limit exposure.
- Skip the gummies. Gummy candies taste great, but they’re a bully to your enamel. The bacteria in your mouth turn the sugars into an acidic form which then eats away at your teeth. Next time you’re craving, opt for chocolate instead.
- Stay minty fresh. If you plan on puckering up, make sure your breath is ready. Chew sugar-free gum or use a mouth rinse to kill bacteria and freshen up.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year. Think of it like a spa day for your mouth—the ultimate gift of love.
Keep your teeth and mouth happy all year-long by showing them the love they deserve.
One last Valentine’s Day trick: make it a date and play your favorite love song while brushing next to your sweetheart—nothing says “I love you” like supporting their oral health.